I live on top a mountain. This is their natural habitat. Yet, in more than a decade I’ve never seen an adult up close. So when a very large, adult male crossed my path I took notice. It was a message from my Akashic Record guides. Messages are like that. Something out of the ordinary that gets your attention. When that happens, pay attention because a message received and acted upon will save a lot of time and angst in the long run.
Not knowing why bear, I went to my favorite search engine and plugged in “black bear symbolism.” That produced quite a number of hits. I scrolled through several, gathering tidbits that resonated from each.
Here are just some of the lessons that Bear brings:
- Introspection, looking within for answers, slowing down and listening to our intuition. Allowing the inner knowing to guide us.
- Be cautious, do not act out of anger or fear. Make choices from a position of power.
- The love of honey. Reminding us to experience the sweetness of life.
- Playfulness. Reminding us to embrace our inner child.
- Bears are also often used as spirit guides on shamanic journeys.